Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

how to set crank shaft to camshaft

Customer Question

how to set crank shaft to camshaft
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 4 years ago.

Hi Billy and welcome sorry for delay.

Would you please provide modal and serial numbers please so I make sure I look up correct engine?
This is a example.

12F8020637 0199070759
  • The MODEL number is XXXXX 5 or 6 digits which may contain letters
  • The TYPE number is XXXXX digits followed by an extension of 2 digits. Letters may be used in the extension
  • The CODE number is XXXXX machine's serial number. The first 2 digits are the year of manufacture
    (the example above was made in 1999)

The numbers can be in a variety of locations depending upon the engine but are generally to be found either:-

• Stamped into the front, top or side of the main cowling
  • Stamped into the plate over the exhaust
  • Etched into the plastic cover
  • Stamped into the rocker cover on an OHV engine
  • On a riveted plate on the main cowling

Sometimes, plastic covers or excess paint may obscure the details but they will be there.
The only exception is if the main cowling or part holding the details has been previously replaced. In which case the details should have been retained from the old part.

If you can't read engine numbers can you provide machine numbers that the engine is on maybe I can look up that way.

Thank You.

I'm usually online from about 6am -6 pm C.S.T. USA time zone.

x