Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326
Small Engine

petrol ryobi blower wont start

Category: Small Engine
Curtis B., Technician
replied 3 years ago.
Remove the spark plug, ground the spark plug to the metal of the engine, then pull and see if you have spark. See if plug is wet when it is removed. If plug is wet, and no spark, look at the kill switch. Unplug the kill wire going to the coil, then check again for spark, if you now have spark, the kill switch is shorted out.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

what is. Kill. Switch

Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago.
Off/on switch
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Still wont start plug is sparking

Put teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, then re-install the spar plug and see if it runs for few seconds. If it does, no fuel is getting to the cylinder. Are fuel lines good? Is primer bulb showing air when pumped? Should be solid fuel, and return should be going back into fuel tank. What is model number???
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

you ask me to put a spoon ofpetrol i did and it started so what doesit meen

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

you ask me to put a spoon ofpetrol i did ando what it started s doesit meen sorry i think this is model no0607014575

Did it start and then quit? Or did it keep running? If it ran and then died, the fuel lines need to be checked, if fuel lines and the strainer in the tank are ok, the primer bulb, and then the carburetor need to be checked.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

i think were geting there it starts when i put petrol in the spark plug hole but when rev up it dies

I can't find your model number. It should have Some letters like RY06070. but that does not show! Do you have a push button primer that has two fuel lines to it? How old is the blower? If over three years old, the fuel lines need to be replaced with new. Old fuel lines can split where they attach to the carburetor and promer and leak, if fuel lines leak air, carburetor will not get fuel.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

0340ab only other no i can see it got french on lable any way it has got a push button with 2 pipe coming of it plus on lable as got imported from france other no is pvb-30a

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Use the diagram above to follow the fuel flow. Does the primer show air when pumping or do you see air returning to tank from the return line? Air would mean that primer has hole in it or a fuel line is bad.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

their what looks like a bubble in theprimer

When you press the primer does it move fuel through and out to the return tube in the fuel tank?