Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

Flymo garden vac Model no MEV2700. The cutting head broke.

Customer Question

Flymo garden vac Model no MEV2700.
The cutting head broke. I have the replacement part - but can't work out how to remove the old, broken head to replace it !
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm OK to wait for further info.

I'm going into hospital for a few days early tomorrow anyway

George Jamieson

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Seems to be little information available on the unit! But looking at simialr setups, the new cutting head just screws onto the motor shaft. You need to hold motor shaft and turn the cutting head CCW! This is a left handed thread. The motor would loosen the tool, if the thread was CW. The key is to turning it CCW. lefty loosy!. See if that helps. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for the trouble you've taken. It is greatly appreciated.

I just got out of hospital this avo after having a knee replaced so you'll apprecaiate I can't get to that job just yet. I'll let you know how I get on when I can amanage to get to the job.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the reply! Lets hope the rehab on the knee goes well!