Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

Hello, I have an old PBS60 belt sander and the belt has jammed

Customer Question

Hello, I have an old PBS60 belt sander and the belt has jammed because the slide plate moved up to the roller. Taking the old belt off, the felt strip and the slide plate were no longer attached to the baseplate of the sander. There is no fixing for these, do they need some adhesive to keep them in place?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will wait and hope you can answer ASAP
Please ask if you need more info. I have an expanded view if the sander but cannot see how these fix , and certainly when I have replaced belts before, there was no movement in the base plate/ pad.
Peter
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
The parts , which are obsolete now, came with an adhesive strip on them to keep them in place. Get you a glue like the 3m weatherstrip glue, it is used a contact glue. Put glue on both base and parts, let dry and then stick them together. That should let you use the sander Do not use Gorilla glue , as it expands and will move the parts! Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure what extra information you need Curtis,but I will try as you suggest.
Peter
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
I would just use the 3M weatherstrip cement, and glue it back in place.