canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

benina 1230I switched it to a tacking stitch but the needle

Customer Question

benina 1230
I switched it to a tacking stitch but the needle just stayed up now I have switched back to normal straight stitching but the needle still won't come down. It can be manually pulled down. Do I need to go to a technician?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Check whether:
• the upper and lower threads are threaded correctly
• the needle is inserted correctly
• the needle size is correct – check the needle/thread table p. 42
• the sewing computer is clean – brush out any thread fluff
• the hook race is clean
• any threads are trapped between the tension discs or under the
bobbin case spring
• the bobbin runs smoothly in the case or if remnants or lint need
removing

Let me know if this helps and if not we can see what else may be the issue. Thank you!

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today. Check whether: • the upper and lower threads are threaded correctly • the needle is inserted correctly • the needle size is correct – check the needle/thread table p. 42 • the sewing computer is clean – brush out any thread fluff • the hook race is clean • any threads are trapped between the tension discs or under the bobbin case spring • the bobbin runs smoothly in the case or if remnants or lint need removing Let me know if this helps and if not we can see what else may be the issue. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have tried all those things and it hasn't worked. The last time this happened my Bernina engineer told me over the phone a trick to set the needle free but he is away on holiday right now which is why I tried your company. ( It was a while ago and I simply can't remember what he said!)

Is there perhaps a Bernina person who could help me?

I will opt out and open to other experts. Please do not rate my service unless I provide the answer you are looking for. I may have other suggestions if no other experts reply. Thank you, Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Mike, hopefully someone out there will have the answer!