Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

Ryobi mitre saw not working when switch is pressed. Power to

Customer Question

Ryobi mitre saw not working when switch is pressed. Power to machine ok.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a test light or voltmeter to check the on/off switch? If the switch is working, then follow wires to the motor, and if the motor is receiving power, the motor has internal problem. For any testing, remove the blade first!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I had a voltmeter, I don,t think I would have needed to contact justanswer. I would have been able to diagnose the problem myself. Your reply was disappointing. What if the switch is not working? And you said if the motor is receiving power then the motor has internal problem (not making sense to me). Regards Rob

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Sorry you were disappointed in my response. If you have no way to test the switch, You are working blind. You did mention that it did not seem right a few cuts before.??? What was problem? Motor dragging or switch not activating? If motor seemed to be dragging, then motor may be bad. With saw unplugged, does the blade turn free?