Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

flymo woodshark 2200 electric chainsaw - the chain lubrication

Customer Question

flymo woodshark 2200 electric chainsaw - the chain lubrication has failed - what do I do?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.

Thee is oil pump between the tank and the outlet,you can't blow through the oil pump. More likely you need a new oil pump,but you will need to remove the oil pump and check for any blockage, if no blockage, then replace the oil pump.Flymo WOODSHARK Oil Pumphttp://www.shop.flymo.co.uk/chainsaw/woodshark/catalogue.pl?path=316111:600076&model_ref=2442124&page=2

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can't get to the pump. Made a tool to remove centrifugal clutch [needs to come off to take off alloy plate]. Used a Snapon hammer ratchet - but found insufficient inertia as the electric motor spins freely with no apparent means of stopping the shaft from spinning. Complete stymie !

Brian

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Electric impact wrench ,or air impact, used to remove tyres is best bet to loosen the nut on the flywheel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the Snapon tool is a battery operated impact wrench - as I said before there is no inertia in the shaft - perhaps there is a cunning way of locking

the shaft ?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Just holding the flywheel should be all that is necessary. It can be a left handed thread, very common the small flywheels and centrifugal clutches.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hasn't got a fly-wheel it's an electric motor

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
You are missing the point. The clutch and armature make up what would be flywheel in engine. There should be a means of holding the centrifugal clutch, even if you have to jam the clutch against the drum.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the centrifugal clutch has not got a separate nut, but is itself threaded -

jamming it would be pointless. The only accessible part of the armature

is a plastic cooling fan, which would shred if I attempted to jam it.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
OK, it appears that you will need to contact the Flymo repair center and send the unit unit for factory service. I will opt out from this exchange , and hope you can work it out. Flymo is few and far between and from what I see and what you tell me, this is not put together like most of the models I see. Please do not respond to me or it will lock your question. Have a nice day.