Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Atco balmoral with kawasaki engine 17sk. Drained fuel from

Atco balmoral with kawasaki engine 17sk. Drained fuel from last year , cleaned carburretor and bowl, set plug to 24mm.Engine runs rough and stops every 2metres and will not start.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Would you have the model number off the engine> It will be example FG560-OOCG. A letter number combination. Do you have an electric solenoid in the carburetor? It would be a fuel shutoff that has to stay open for engine to run. It should click when key is turned on. It plugs the main jet of the carburetor and if it closes, engine stops and will not restart. Solenoid can go bad, or it can loose power to it. Here is example of solenoid.Mikuni Carb 15003 - After-fire solenoid and fuel line assembled to carb

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Difficult to read but looks like G08A71 type3616

Other no(NNN) NNN-NNNN No solenoid on carb. Switch on r/h side of engine, not key start.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Spark plug gap seems to be too wide! Plug should be .025 inch, which is only about 6 mm.?? The carburetor, did it have any debris in it when you cleaned the bowl? Did you remove the float and the needle valve and be sue they were clean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will adjust plug, carb had very little dirt in it and the needle was clean, bowl was also pretty clean.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
OK, try that,and if it continues to die,the carburetor may need to be removed, disassembled and cleaned more thoroughly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will do this and come back to you.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be out of touch until Sunday PM>
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Set plug gap as suggested, no changed so stripped carb cleaned thouraly all jets needle and bowl, not really dirty.Engine eventually after several pulls, normally 2 pulls. Ran poorly and stopped again and again. So no difference than before. Why. What do l do now to cure problem?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You were quite right about the carb, tiny piece of dirt hardly visible to the naked eye, everything now hunky dory. Thanks Curtis for your help and patience.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Good job! Sometimes it just takes a few times to get the dirt out! Thanks for the reply!
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.