Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

the fule line on my strimmer has split just beneth the tank,

the fule line on my strimmer has split just beneth the tank, I have a new fuel line but am struggling to get the old piece out of the tank any sugestions? Robbie.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
I keep a pair of forceps and a pair of long pliers used to remove fish hooks, this lets me reach into the tank and grasp the hose ends and pull them through. If all that is left is the just small section of hose , then just push it through with a small screwdriver or punch. To replace the line, take a razor blade and cut the end of the line on a long taper, and use the taper to get through the tank wall, then grasp the end of the taper and pull the hose through! Does this help? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for you help I managed to get it out with some long nose pliers, what I didnt realise it has a small grommet in it to prevent you pulling it out by mistake. Anyway all sorted cheers.Robbie.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Good job! Yes sometimes they add a grommet or fitting , so it cannot be pulled out. Thank you!