Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

if yhe cluch genroter is burned out on my zx7r there no life

Customer Question

if yhe cluch genroter is burned out on my zx7r there no life in bike noting is working the cluch genroteris gething very warm
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.
Can you give me a little history on the bike? Has it been in storage for some time? how long? did this problem appear all of the sudden or become gradually worse? What part are you calling a clutch generator? Where are is it located?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes lieing for a few weeks . wont start .next 2 the cluch

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.
What does it do? Will the engine spin over?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the bike wont turn over I put new starter motor and fuelpump and nothing is happening only clocks on the bike dim , new barrtery full charge as well

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

Do you have a meter to preform some simple tests for me?

I need to know 1. The battery voltage 2. The voltage with the key in the ON position 3. The battery voltage with the key in the on position and the start button depressed for 10 seconds.

Let me know what those readings are and we can continue to work towards a solution.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

before I put in the new fuelpump the old one was making a clickin noice. and then the new one nothing the clock on the bike just dim

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

Those test will tell me the condition of the battery. While your at it check the main fuse, click on the link below, the fuse is part block A, its located under a cover on the starter solinoid.

http://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b25e2f8700223e478f79f/starter-motor