Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have a saxon tr[ple mower with a robin engine .it starts

Customer Question

I have a saxon tr[ple mower with a robin engine .it starts 2nd pull to start the engine then after cutting the grass for say 10 minutes the engine cuts out .i cant start it straight away .It starts ok after about 1 hour . then the same will happen again
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Check for spark when engine will not start. Have a spare spark plug, remove the spark plug wire, attach the spare plug, and crank and look for spark. No spark,coil is going bad. If you have spark, the engine may need to have the valves adjusted. If valves have no clearance, it will run ok, until hot, then not restart , as the valves will not be completely closed. You see this on older engines,and you say this one is old! Let me know. thank you.