Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Mountfield empress lawn mower approx 30yrs old pull cord mechanism

Mountfield empress lawn mower approx 30yrs old pull cord mechanism replacement needed
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Look on the engine for a model number. It will identify the pull cord mechanism. Have to have the engine make and model number to do any good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unable to give engine details as its on my allotment , will get back to you as soon as I can, hopefully will find numbers

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

serial no 84101 021702 typ 84101

under that number is XXXXX box with number 96 in it

plus 2.6kw here

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Numbers look close to a Briggs engine. Can you verify the number?(NNN) NNN-NNNN02 , this is what number should look like. Is this horizontal or vertical crankcase? any chance of attaching a picture? Using the tree or paperclip icon above the typing bar.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

horizontal number 84101 then in small print 021702.

somewhere on the mower it said fiat, so it was made in italy

unable to attach a picture at this point

roy

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

May not be a Briggs engine. Is the pull start mechanism part of the engine shroud?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry this seems to be going on and on , and not getting me a answer, I know what it looks like having taken it apart, what I want is a replacement.

so thank you anyway with respect i will seek other routs

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the problem was sorted at a local lawnmower shop ,but thanks for your help, you gave me some leads

Roy

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Glad you found something that would work. Thanks for the reply.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Curtis

In my request for help, what I was expecting in reply was advice as to which company might stock what I was seeking.

As the problem as been sorted, do not need to further the quest.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks.
Curtis B., Technician