Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have a Qualcast 41cm petrol hand push lawnmower. I bought

Customer Question

I have a Qualcast 41cm petrol hand push lawnmower. I bought it last year. I find it difficult to start when the engine is warm. Can you tell me whether I'm doing something wrong, or just not strong enough to pull the cord sufficiently quickly to make it start?

I find that I can start this mower when I get it out of the shed to use it.  I always check that there is sufficient petrol in it.  It will usually start on the second or third pull.  When I stop it to empty the grass box, it might start again, but another stop to empty and it won't start.  I try three times, then I press the primer bulb three to five times and it might start, but often doesn't.  I then have to leave it for at least 15 minutes, when I'll try again and it will then usually start after a few pulls.  It is driving me mad and I'm thinking of getting rid of it, but thought you might be able to help.  The mower cuts the lawn well, but I get fed up with it not starting when I need to use it.

Category: Small Engine