Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

how do you take broken cable out of head shaft on a Ryobi RLT30CETG

how do you take broken cable out of head shaft on a Ryobi RLT30CETG split Trimmer
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.

Remove the plastic cover, remove the drive clutch and use a punch to drive the shaft from the housing. Link-------------http://www.toolspareparts.com.au/shop_image/category/RLT30CETGB.PDF

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a curved 2 piece Ryobi Trimmer with head & cutter shafts. The rod in the cutter shaft broke off its end in the Head shaft & is stuck fast

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
You have the lower shaft off up to the head? Use the link above, to see the parts, You have to remove the plastic housing to get the drive clutch out, then you can drive out the broken shaft. I use the link you have to left click with mouse to highlite it , then with it highlited, right click for option to go to the it. Here is link again!------------------http://www.toolspareparts.com.au/shop_image/category/RLT30CETGB.PDF
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's it fixed thank you

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 years ago.
Good job! Please rate my answer and that will close the question. Thank you.