Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

hi , I have a Genie Z45 Cherry picker and it starts ok but

Customer Question

hi , I have a Genie Z45 Cherry picker and it starts ok but shuts down again within 5/8 seconds , it will restart no problem but shuts down again , we have replaced a cracked solid state relay , checked the earth connections , is this shutdown likely to be connected to a safety system break down ? The level sensor has a red and green LED on the bottom and i noticed that they both come on together , is this correct function , I am at my wits end with this one as we can't move the machine from where it is standing any help or thoughts will be appreciated
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
You will think I'm crazy, but have the alternator checked, if the alternator is not charging, the engine will shut down after a few seconds.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will get it checked out tomorrow and let you no the outcome , it hasn't been checked for about 5/6 years

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks.