Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

my flymo 340 came to a slow grinding stop

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Unplug the battery pack and see if the blade can be moved freely. It blade may be tight, indicating that the bearing in the drive motor has failed. Did it make any smoke or just a sputtering sound? If it made a sputtering sound, the drive motor may have shorted out the brushes in the motor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i think that you are right regarding the bearings on the motor the blades are very difficult to turn .is it worth the cost of having it repaired .also is it someing that an
amature can do.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
It will require a new motor most likely. I don't know how old the mower is, but I doubt it is worth the expense of a new motor! As for you being able to remove the motor and replace it, I don't know your skill level. I would say it is a 7 on a 10 scale!