Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

What's the procedure the governor on my wp2850

What's the procedure for changing the governor on my wp2850 generator
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Adam,yes please continue your search. Cheers martin
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Keep trying.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Adam

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

the governor is internal to the engine. The sump on the engine has to be removed and on this generator, the engine has to be separated from the generator! Then the sump can be removed from the top portion of the engine. I could not identify the engine that is used o the Wolf, but it appears to be a Briggs clone! A Briggs engine manual shows the exact same type governor used. Governor would need to be replaced only if it does not control top speed and lets engine over rev.All other problems would be adjustments to the linkage.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you,the engine is not over revving it just keeps hunting all the time so I'll get the linkeges checked out. Cheers
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, sounds like adjustment problem, and the governor inside is fine. Please rate and accept to close the question! Thank you.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.