Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

, I have a Dynamark 16/42 tractor/lawnmower as soon as I

Customer Question

I have a Dynamark 16/42 tractor/lawnmower as soon as I start to move the lever on the top which engages the cutters the engine dies out - this happens before the tension is applied to the belt underneath as soon as I release the lever the engine cuts back in.
Thanks Earle.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
The brake switch and seat switch work together to complete the run circuit. The brake switch may be sticking or is bad. Try oiling it with WD40 and working the brake pedal. If it does not help, check the switch with a multimeter for continuity.