Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

When set up and plugged in my Katrcher 4 starts immediatly

Customer Question

When set up and plugged in my Katrcher 4 starts immediatly stops and blows the plug top fuse
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
This model has a water cooled motor! If it blows the fuse, it is possible that the motor is getting water into it! This unit shows to have a three year warranty, is it less than three years old? It is blowing fuse because it has an internal short!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you suggest, my nearest dealer is more than 30 miles away

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
If it is less than three years old, I would do nothing but take it or ship it in for repairs. With it blowing fuse, and having a short, it will need to have the cover removed to get to the components. Do you want to do that? You will need the torq screw driver and a voltmeter to check the unit.