Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a countax ride on mower but after cutting my grass last

I have a countax ride on mower but after cutting my grass last week every I tart the engine but when I switch on the cutter the engine cuts out any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I assume the cutter is free and not stalling the engine. The mower thinks that no one is in the seat, and cuts the engine off when the blades are engaged.Check your seat switch and the harness to it. The seat switch and the brae switch have to work together, so it can also be brake switch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I WILL GO AND LOOK AT THIS. I ONLY WANT TO Pay for today not a monthly subscription is that OK?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
OK< thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have now cleared some old grass from cutter and sprayed with WD40 so hope this will help. The seat is OK as it starts when sitting on it but cuts out as soon as cutter switched on. We have the K series mower.

Don't worry will find solution. I have paid £14 for your service thank you.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
The seat may have dual switch, does it have two wires, or three or four wires? More than two wires, it has double switch! For me to get paid, you have to rate and accept to close the question. Thanks.