Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

My Karcher pressure washer does not maintain full pressure.

Customer Question

My Karcher pressure washer does not maintain full pressure. After 2 - 5 seconds pressure reduces. When using the dirt blaster lance, pressure is so low that the water jet simply makes a circular pattern on the patio (I guess this is due to the ball bearing in the nozzle moving so slowly because of the low water pressure). I don't think the problem is due to a blockage because the machine works at full power for the first 2 - 5 seconds every time the trigger is pulled.What could be the cause? Lyn Evans
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Have you removed the screen on the inlet connection? It may be plugged with debris, keeping the water from entering the pump in sufficient quantity to maintain pressure.