Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Can I use normal drill bits with Dewalt D25013? I bought the

Customer Question

Can I use normal drill bits with Dewalt D25013? I bought the drill and a set of Dewalt 100 bits and screw heads DT71563-QZ. The screw heads are fine with their adaptor but I cannot see how to use the drill bits.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
No, it does not have a chuck that will grasp the different size bits. The chuck is made to only grasp the one size with the flat on them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm a little confused then. The Dewalt box of bits and screw heads only has screw heads that fit the adaptor rendering all the Dewalt drill bits useless. I also read on line that it is too powerful to use as a screwdriver. This seems contradictory.

Do Dewalt make suitable drill bits for this machine or do I need to buy something else more adaptable to normal life?

Mike

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
This is a specialized drill/hammer. I would look for a simple drill with a regular chuck for normal use, not this!