Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a stihl pressure washer RE 142 PLUS has an oil leak

Customer Question

I have a stihl pressure washer RE 142 PLUS has an oil leak from the pressure case any ideas. regards jw
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
It takes a very small amount of oil, And the leak is caused by the pump shaft seal letting water into the drive section. This increases the volume to the point, it leaks out! The pump shaft seal would need to be replaced if the leak is too great. Here is link to the parts breakdown of the pump/motor. Left click on the link to highlite it, then with it highlited, right click to access. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.m-jardin.fr/wp-content/documentation/stihl/nettoyeurs/re142.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's so much stripped it
All down need new seals etc price of parts over £200.00 so replaced some obrings and put it back together.
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, parts are too expensive for repair. Thanks.