Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

My ezgo buggy after 14 holes of golf indicates 3/4 charged,the

My ezgo buggy after 14 holes of golf indicates 3/4 charged,the on panel gauge starts to mist up with moisture then the gauge suddenly drops to zero charge.I manage to get back off the course whilst driving with the meter showing no charge.
Once plugged in the buggy charges fully and the gauge clears.
I've just had a new Trojan battery replaced last week and all my batteries show a /12.5 voltage output.(checked by a bonofide engineer).
WHY IS MY GAUGE ACTING LIKE THIS?
Thanks Ev
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Is the performance of the cart slowing with battery gage showing 3/4 charge? Or is ti just the gage acting up? You only replaced one battery in the 4 battery system? A fully charged 12 volt battery should read over 13 volts. I wonder if you may have another battery that is going bad? If it is just the gage, replace it!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All the batteries have been checked by an engineer and appear good.The buggy doesn't slow when showing 3/4 charge indicated or when it drops to zero charge.Why is the gauge misting up with moisture droplets then drops to zero charge?
I don't want to be caught out on the course with no power do you think it's a dodgy gauge .Thanks Ev.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I think the gage is faulty.