Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a countax 4wd ride on and the forward and reverse pedals

Customer Question

I have a countax 4wd ride on and the forward and reverse pedals have suddenly gone completely lax making driving impossible.
Can I fix this easily and if so how? Please.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Pedals are lax because the transmission is not turning. You have a belt that drives the transmission from the engine. Belt is above the deck drive belt. Belt has broken or is slack from coming off a pulley or tension spring off or broken. Check the drive belt and see what the malfunction is!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Curtis

thanks for taking the time to reply. However the laxity of the pedals has nothing to do with the transmission or anything to do with the deck drive belt. Neither of those options created the totally lax pedals. I eventually found a retaining pin that held the pedal rod in place on the engine had fallen out and managed to replace it. Problem solved.

regards

Neil

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
!! good job! Thanks for the reply.