Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Curtis I have a karcher B302 pressure washer. it was working

Customer Question

Hi Curtis
I have a karcher B302 pressure washer. it was working ok and then befor I finished I turned it back on and the machine was making noise bur when I pressed the trigger nothing happened. What could be the problem?
Please advise if you can.
regards
Maureen
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Does the pump/motor sound to be running? Does the water come through just not under pressure? Or no sound from pump/motor? Is the reset in the plug ok? If motor is running, the spill valve is stuck. If motor is not running, need to check motor for voltage, if motor is getting voltage, then motor has failed!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The motor is running but no water comes out when the trigger is pressed.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Supply is good? No output would require taking the pump apart. The motor may not be turning the pump, or the spill/unlaoder valve is stuck. Is this something you are prepared to take apart?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I will try. Could the pump need replacing?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
It may, but the pump likely is as much as replacing the complete washer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where is the spill unloader valve located ?

Usually when you turn on you hear the pump noise working even though you are not pressing the trigger to get water so I think the pump must be gone. I will try to check the valve if you can tell me where it is.

At least I have tried everything I can before buying a new washer.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Maureen

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
http://www.nextday-karcher.co.uk/acatalog/b480-pumps.jpg