Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a Wolf 950 Generator that cannot get started and has

Hi, I'm Paul. I have a Wolf 950 Generator that I cannot get started and has never really worked well!It has been standing a long time so have put new petrol/oil mix in tank and taken the spark plug out and cleaned it and also unscrewed the fuel screw at the bottom of the small chamber to make sure no 'old' fuel is left in! I have also tried putting some fuel directly in the chamber where the spark plug goes but still will not start, I tried putting the spark plug back in after the fuel as well but it just seemed to cease the engine! I am at my wits end with this generator to be honest as it just will not start....

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Good morning from Texas! Let's go back to the spark plug. Remove it and with the spark plug touching the metal of the engine, spin engine and look for spark at the plug end. If it has spark, spin the engine to clear any fluid let in the cylinder, Then take fresh fuel and put a teaspoon of fuel into the cylinder, through the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will fire! I know you already tried the fuel in the cylinder, but maybe you used too much?? As you said it tried to lock the cylinder. I suspect you will find it has no spark. If no spark, locate the coil, and remove the kill wire from the coil, clean the flywheel magnet, and do the spark check again. If no spark, you need a new coil.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just put in a new spark plug and it worked straight away!! £1.86....

As I have already paid £13 just for 'waiting' for an answer I most certainly won't be 'increasing' my payment to £29 as suggested by an email from this site.........

Thank you for your time Curtis B.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
So it was the no spark issue. Thanks for the reply!.