Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a Honda HRB 425C sel-propelled roller mower. The propulsion

I have a Honda HRB 425C sel-propelled roller mower. The propulsion is virtually non- existant. Is there a way of adjusting?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
You say you changed the belt! Did you adjust the belt to take the slack out? With the chain drive transmission, the most likely cause of lack of propulsion is a slipping belt. Page 68 and 69 in the manual shows the adjustment as 5mm.??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

An engineer from work fitted it so I think the tension would be ok. Could it be the tension on the propulsion cable?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Cable just puts the transmission into or out of gear. Belt and chain are what drive the mower!