ranwell1
ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of Large Small engine repair business. Over 39 years. Certified both 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines
18770454

I have a Castle Garden ride on mower fitted with a &S engine.

I have a Castle Garden ride on mower fitted with a B&S engine. It is temperamental to start and appears to run slowly. It has an auto choke. Is the problem likely to be with this part?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.

Usually the choke may not be closing all the way. It also could be that the carburetor is not getting enough gas and may need to be cleaned or rebuilt. If this is truly an aurto choke, then There is a thermostat that controls the choke and it goes bad sometimes, so it may need to be replaced. But I have not seen many of the riding mowers that use the auto choke system.Check these things and you may get it fixed. Please leave a good rating for me and feel free to continue talking with me anytime