spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Journeyman TechnicianWorked on small to large engines for 30 yearsGas,LP,Diesel
65057319

Engine goes with seat up Mountfield ride on

Customer Question

engine goes with seat up Mountfield ride on
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** *****'re having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.

Click here to view your mower,,you can scroll through all parts,,,zoom in/out,,see how everything goes together.

You either have a bad seat switch or a relay stuck on control board.
Lift up seat and disconnect one of the wires on seat switch,,if motor dies you need a new switch,,if motor does not die you need control board.(PC BOARD) Page 3 of diagram shows seat switch and board.

It would not hurt anything to keep using as long as you know motor won't shut ff getting off seat,,most people by pass them anyway.
Its up to you.

Any questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.

A rating is required. You’re rating my personal service to you, not Just Answer. I am not an employee of this website, nor do
I have control over the fees or the time it took for you to get a response. I respond as soon as I see the questions in the order
that I receive them when I am online.

spanky
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Spanky..food for thought have not had time to try your suggestions. Will prob have further questions but unfortunately tomorrow is out, will be in touch after soonest. Denis

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Take you Time Denis they emails go out automaticly I only respond from here so you can ignore others until your ready.

Talk later
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the positive rating and bonus Denis very much appreciated.

Take care
spanky