Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have a DeWalt bandsaw, DW739 but do not know whether

Customer Question

Hello, I have a DeWalt bandsaw, DW739 but do not know whether it is type 1 2 or 3. the starting switch has jammed with the green button fully depressed, even though i switched it off with no problem.The indicator light is not lit. I have checked the plug fuse, its fine,as is the power block it is plugged into. The switch seems to be a sealed unit so i can't get into it to check it out and if so can't be replaced for the same reason. Does this mean i have to scrap it just for a switch? Please help if you can, Chris Bambrough

Sorry, in my annoyed state i did not look at the switch properly. Of course its not sealed, i was looking at the reverse! so, i opened it and checked it and realised i had not inserted the plastic safety prong in fully after i had serviced it!!! It is running nicely now.

One thing i would like to know though is which type my bandsaw is as types 1&2 are no longer produced.

The figures on the identification plate are :

DW739 CE

0197 serial no00023

P1 0.76 kw P2 0.55 kw IP 54

All the other specifications are identical.

If you can help it would be good, if not then never mind.

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam