Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have a Yardman ride-on fitted with a & S 8.5 HP I/C ref

Customer Question

I have a Yardman ride-on fitted with a B & S 8.5 HP I/C ref DO2378 - Icannot find the number which covered by a electric start wheel housing? The problem I have is that fuel is not getting into the engine and I cannot see how to remove the carb float chamber. Is it a sealed unit or can you advise how to get at the needle assembly - Roger
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Can you attach a picture of the engine? Or what is the model number of the mower. Briggs vertical engine or horizontal? Here is link to Briggs Carbs.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/#id_briggs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Curtis

The Yardman number is ***** - good luck trying to find their manuals (I cannot)

I must be classed as incompetent with computers as I am unable to work the attachment system

However if you go into Briggs & Stratton website and click on "how to find engine numbers" the last engine on the right is the one before someone has adapted it for electric start etc. Certainly the air filter housing is identical

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

More info that might help

DX-70 is the green and yellow machine with the grass collector under the east, Approx 13 years old - no pictures on MTL site but plenty on ebay.

the carb fitted looks a lot like the Walbro LMT without the anti after-afterfire solenoid where a small short gasketed bolt is fitted and appears to simply drain out the fuel

Would you think that this also holds the bowl on and that if removed I could tap the bowl off with a hammer and screwdriver?

Roger

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again

I have been able to loosen a cowling on top of the engine to reveal its number - 198707- 0141A1-0102141A

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
http://www.partstree.com/parts/briggs-and-stratton/engines-vertical-engine-with-electric-starter/198707-0141-e1-briggs-stratton-engine-electric-starter/carburetor-gaskets/