ranwell1
ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of Large Small engine repair business. Over 39 years. Certified both 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines
18770454

Tiller cultivator starts but switches off as soon as accelerator

Customer Question

Tiller cultivator starts but switches off as soon as accelerator is pressed, blades won't turn!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
Most of the time the problem is a dirty carburetor or bad diaphrams in the carburetor. in any case the carburetor usually needs to be cleaned and rebuilt so that the gas will flow properly.Make sure that you take pictures of the carburetor and linkage so you will know how to reassemble it.Make sure that you get a complete carburetor kit.Let me know how things work out.Please Give me a good rating as this is the only way that this site pays me for my time.
Expert:  ranwell1 replied 2 years ago.
If for some odd reason this doesn't' take care of it, you might have a gearbox that is locked up and it kills the engine when you rev it up. Most likely it is the carburetor, though.