spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Journeyman TechnicianWorked on small to large engines for 30 yearsGas,LP,Diesel
65057319

I have a Karcher K3-80, and have a problem with the

Customer Question

I have a Karcher K3-80, and have a problem with the delivery side connection, I connect everything up, but as soon as I switch it on the connection from the machine to the hose is blown apart I have renewed the o ring on the metal piece that goes into the connector sticking out from the body of the machine; should there be another o ring in the piece on the end of the hose that tightens the connections together, can't say I've even noticed one but I guess it could have fallen out? Is this the proplem and if not what is the solution or is it just wear and the outlet connector and/or the hose needs replacing.
Thanks in anticipation of your reply
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.

Hi Lionel, my name is ***** ***** having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.

Sorry about long delay,, big time difference here.

Is this a quick release fitting on hose to machine?

male to female connection. Click here to view

Look inside the female end for some small ball bearings,,those small bearings hold the male end on and allow the quick disconnect,,two things happen ,,either the bearings fall out,or get rusted and not move freely, so when you connect hose it does not lock in.
First see if any are missing if not try some lube to get rust out and free up bearings.

If bearings are missing fitting will need to be replaced,,I always change male and female as a set.

Take a look and let me know if this is not yours let me know.

Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Spanky,

No its not a quick release . The female is a black plasic tube threaded on the outside, the male is metal with an o ring and a black plastic collar which screwes to the threaded out side of the female to pull the two together.

Should there be an o ring round the base of the male connection? Hope this make it easier for you to visualize things.

Regards Lionel

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.

Hi Lionel,
That sounds like a compression fitting,,it should have the collar but does not take a o-ring.

See if this is your set up click here

Its also important to have the metal insert inside plastic hose to keep it from collapsing

Let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Spanky,

Yes it's a compression fitting, when setting the machine up I make sure that I push the metal male as far in as it will go then screw the collar up tight, I've even used a pair of pliars but as soon as it's switched on the connection is blown apart. I have checked both threads and they are OK.

What is you solution to this problem?

Regards Lionel

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
There has to be something wrong with the connection allowing it to come apart.

I would replace both male and female ends with new.
If fitting is part of the hose you will have to buy the hose.

Click here for another type
If the metal ferule is not inside plastic tube it will come apart.
Here is another one that uses a square cut seal but still needs ferule to keep on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Spanky,

Thought I have to end up doing that , I thought you might come up with another cheaper and less time consuming way, ah well that's life!

Many thanks Regards Lionel

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the positive rating very much appreciated.

If I could see it I might be able to come up with another way just flying blind over the net its kinda hard.

Good luck
spanky