Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

1-I have a old Kabota g1900 which won't turn off on the key,is

Customer Question

1-I have a old Kabota g1900 which won't turn off on the key,is this likely to be the solenoid ?
2-Also it doesn't seem to hold it's charge very well, I have changed battery but hasn't made that much difference?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
With battery seeming to be drawn down, and the key not killing the engine, I think you have a voltage regulator that is bad. If diode is out in the regulator, it can back fed the voltage and engine will not kill, and it will draw battery down when key is off and unit is not in use.