Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician
11519491

I have a new karcher gp40 but it is not pumping water, I

Customer Question

I have a new karcher gp40 but it is not pumping water, I primed it

please answer my Q

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,I'm sorry to hear that. How old is your garden pump?Also does the motor run while you are trying to prime it?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

one month old yes motor runs ok

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that,if there aren't any hose blockages and the unit will run but will not prime, you have a failed pump impeller. They can slip if they are dropped or bumped too hard. Also sometimes they are just defective in this way.Since your is so new, I would simply exchange that one for a new one, no cost to you since it is still fully covered under warranty;-)These are typically very good pumps but sometimes we all get something that will not work for long due to a defective component. I will stick with you in case you have any trouble with the new one. Please rate kindly, no additional cost to do that and have a wonderful Sunday!Tech Michael