George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

There, I've just bought a karcher sc3 which has been working

Customer Question

Hi there,
I've just bought a karcher sc3 which has been working fine for the past two days while I've been cleaning my house but today the steam seems to stop working half way through its cycle even though I can feel the tank and the hose are hot. It seems to work again if I empty it let it cool down and fill it up again but this takes around half an hour.
Any ideas what might be the problem as it wasn't doing this over the first couple of days?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Adam yeah I'm fine waiting a few more days for an answer to my question cheers
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
When this happens, does the appliance go totally dead (No power)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power light is still on but nothing happens when I pull the trigger

I have looked at the diagrams for the build of your appliance and have found no reason that your SC3 should stop you fromoperating it other than if the following saftey systems are active:

Childlock
Safety fuse

but since you have indicated that the power is still visible on the appliance then the Safety Fuse is still in tact.

Another issue that could cause the problem you have is if the connecting parts of the attachments to the Steam Gun are overheated; check that the connection of any attachments is not suspect.

Internal parts of the Steam Volume Selector Switch or Steam gun can also cause an issue if they overheat ... However, it would be my advice that since this is a new product, you do not investigate any internal faults with the appliance as this would certainly invalidate any warranty on the product, but return it to the store from which you purchased it for a replacement.

Please rate the assistance given & kindly be patient if further assistance is needed.