Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Beta bv3300 75hp kubota won't pump any diesel

beta bv3300 75hp kubota won't pump any diesel
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have fuel to the injection pump from the transfer pump? If so,where is the fuel solenoid? It has to open the fuel passage to the injectors. It requires battery voltage at all times the switch is on. Is it opening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is a mechanical pump on a camshaft, no solenoid.

diesel getting to banjo bolt on pump

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

marine engines are mechanical, no solenoid

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
How is engine killed? With switch or with pull cable or throttle?
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
No fuel to the injectors is a pump that is in no fuel position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The engine is killed by push button. Found solenoid and wired it to battery. It got extremely hot so I removed it and kept feed open with cable tie. Still no diesel going through pump. Sorry for delay but have been on boat all evening.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Feel for the linkage that the solenoid pushs against, it has to move with the solenoid action. If it sticks, you get no fuel. Push on the linkage, it should spring back! If it is stuck, there is your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply. The linkage is not sticking I was wondering if it might possibly be the camshaft?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Are the pump bodies moving? Usually the pump sticks in the no fuel position. But the camshaft for it can break!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if you mean the 4 small pistons, no they don't seem to be moving

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
the pistons are moved by the fuel camshaft, and have rollers that go against the cam.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You can't see the rollers or cam without lifting the pump out. The upper parts do not move.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for that, i will have to take pump out again tomorrow

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi, had a mechanic look at the pump before we removed it,

the solenoid was working but the rail was not returning so the diesel was not getting thru the pump,

thanks for ur help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply!