Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have intek 23 v twin runs on even but when you take the right

Customer Question

I have intek 23 v twin runs on even but when you take the right hand earth lead of the righthand coil standing at front of mower engine runs good but has to stop on fuel shut off
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
?? Not sure of problem as stated.?? But with twin engine , to check cylinders, loosen the spark plug wires and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time, if the engine dies when one is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. With Briggs twin, it can be bad coil, or can have broken pushrod. If you are saying the engine will not die, the two kill wires have to be grounded by the keyswitch, when key is turned off. The coils are grounded and the fuel solenoid is de-energized at same moment for engine kill. ?? You can have wiring harness issue or a bad diode in the charging circuit, letting the coils get voltage feed back.