Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Engine cut out after a puff of blue smoke have checked fuel,

Customer Question

Engine cut out after a puff of blue smoke have checked fuel, cleaned and checked gap on spark plug, and cleaned air intake on carburettor?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Pull spark plug, and check for spark , plug needs to be grounded for test. If spark is ok, do a compression test, put finger with rag over the spark plug hole and see if it has enough compression to move your finger.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
If no compression, take a probe and feel for the piston, through the spark plug hole to see if it is moving.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already answered your email Curtis and contributed £7 for your help but BT don't seem to want to let it go through I am sorry for this.
Terry.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Did you find the problem?