Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

There ,,,i,ve had a macalister lawn mover retirement

Customer Question

hi there ,,,i,ve had a macalister lawn mover for a retirement present 450 series had it forabout 5 months and its started to knock ,,,i think its the top end ,,,piston and gungoen pin ,,,,,i left it outside me backdoor while i had a cup of tea and some bastard stole me basket while holds the cutting and i think they started it and left it on full rev,s while i was in the house when i went out it was by my front hedge knocking like hell they taped up the handle bars and just left it running against the hedge ,,,,can you help me with these parts ,,,,i do no what i,m doing i was a mechanic for 50 years ,,,,,i no the mower is still in warranty but i would like to do the work meself
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The engine is 450 series Briggs engine. You need the model numbers off the engine. The model number is ***** the parts are idenified. Model example 123456-01230-B1, with that, the correct parts can be found.