Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

Honda GX140 engine on pewerfab starts from cold few

Customer Question

honda GX140 engine on pewerfab starts from cold for a few seconds, Then cuts out on trying to restart pulcord feels siezed until cooled down, this happened when the engine cut out like it had run out of fuel........... i,m thinking could water have got in the petrol when refueled and jellied clogged the carb could that make the engine feel siezed, all oils are at correct levels

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i,m prepared to wait A little longer longer, meantime I,ll also try fixing it myself, if I can I,ll inform you

Thanks Paul

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What is application?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is there any metal flake in the oil?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You may have engine seizing crank bearing or piston. It frees up cold, but siezes when it warms.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Has it ever been run low on oil?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is oil thinned from gas contamination?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If this is pressure washer, the pump may be the problem. You would have to separate the pump from engine to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi its a powerfab125 mini digger with a GX 140 5hp engine

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I can see you having to separate the engine from the hydraulic pump drive!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll look at this tomorrow as its to dark now and let you keep you updated, thank you

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry for delay in reply illness and bad weather has held me up, i split the engine from the hydraulics, rechecked the oil which was looking thin, strange as its checked regularly, then took the plug out for a clean and it spat quite alot of fluid from the piston chamber on pulling the recoil, I then replaced the plug gave it a few slow pulls to turn over removed the plug their was fluid in the piston chamber again, needless to say I didn't try starting it, now I'M confused

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The carburetor is dumping fuel, due to leaking needle valve and float. If you pinch off the fuel line from the tank, it will stop. You need to rebuild carburetor or replace it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Or get a fuel shutoff valve and keep it shutoff between uses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would that give the engine the impression of being siezed

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the fluid in the cylinder does that!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your help

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.