spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Journeyman TechnicianWorked on small to large engines for 30 yearsGas,LP,Diesel
65057319

I am renovating an old webb 24 inch ride on mower ( towed

Customer Question

Hi , I am renovating an old webb 24 inch ride on mower ( towed seat type ) with a Briggs and Stratton engine model 30202 , type 0693 , code 76083107)....... and have replaced the five pin type ignition switch and starter solenoid .
The engine starts ok but the key will not stop the engine when switched off.
Your advice would be most helpful
Rue
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rue, my name is ***** ***** having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue. That engine once started creates it's own voltage through the magnetic pick up coil so removing voltage won't kill the engine using key switch,usually on these engines they ground the spark plug to head using a metal flip switch to shut off,,you could add another momentary push button close to ignition switch to accomplish same thing wiring one side to plug wire and other to engine block,,then either before or after key off hold button until engine shuts off. Hope this helps some if you are happy with my answer please provide a rating or accept answer as that is the only way experts get credit for our time. You may still follow up later if needed just come back to this page and reply and I will continue to asist. Regards spanky

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the positive rating! Very Much appreciated......and please come back again next time you have a problem.
You can always ask for me by name if you like