Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

My & G 35 lawnmower engine will not start, what are the likely

Customer Question

My B & G 35 lawnmower engine will not start, what are the likely causes? The plug looks fine but is getting wet with gas of course. Fuel is getting to the carb OK.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Coil is not firing the spark plug. Remove kill wire going to the coil, and see if it starts. If it starts, kill wire is grounding out the spark. If no spark with kill wire removed, the coil has failed. I should ask for the engine model number! Example(###) ###-####B1 just to be sure you have the electronic Briggs ignition. Here is link showing ignition system.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_125k02_ignition.asp
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked that I have a spark at the plug so no problem there. I presume that it is the fuel intake that is faulty, there appears to be a small brass sleeved intake nozzle in the air mixer chamber, could that be blocked?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I thought it had no spark, as you said the spark plug was wet! Do you have compression? If you remove spark plug and hold finger with rag, over the spark plug hole , is there enough compression to move your finger? With wet plug, the fuel supply is at the cylinder!