Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

My mower engine does not start it is fitted with a Briggs &

My mower engine does not start it is fitted with a Briggs & stratton 3.5 HP engine model 92232 . There is a loose wire running around the front of the cylinder behind a cover but I can not see where it should go. It runs from by the side of the spark plug lead and is about 6 inches long
Bernard Williams
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The 92000 series engine has magneto/coil , and would have a single wire on the coil . This wire is the kill wire, the small wire could be this kill wire, it has to be not touching anything, you would ground it through the kill switch to kill engine. Do you see a brass contact on the throttle linkage, near carburetor?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_125k02_ignition.asp
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Here is link to Briggs ignition system. Yours would be the same type,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will respond in full when I have tried you surggestions
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.