Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a Honda GXV530 engine in my Countax Tractor mower. I

Customer Question

I have a Honda GXV530 engine in my Countax Tractor mower. I have no spark whatsoever on either plug. Before this it spluttered and backfired when cold with a total loss of power but after a few minutes it would recover until it met heavy grass then spluttered again. Now it turns over as normal but no spark!! loads of compression.
Should there be current in the low tension leads to the coils? There is none.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/honda-gxv530-type-exa2vin-gjarm10000011069999-small-engine-parts-c-37657_37658_38012_91763.html
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
# ***** is engine stop diode. Remove wires from the coils and check for spark. If it has spark, this diode is likely probem. If bad, it kills the spark to the coils. Also the coils are different for right and left. Your earlier repair person may have installed a wrong side coil!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my response?