Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

I have a kubota GR2100 and have the attachment on that allows

Customer Question

I have a kubota GR2100 and have the attachment on that allows me to cut without the grass box (supposedly) however there is obviously a safety mechanism on as when I try to engage the cutting deck the engine cuts out!! my grass is really long so I wanted to cut with out the box on!
Can you help?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
There will be a push button switch on the housing where the box attaches. Locate the switch and jump the two wires together, to bypass the open switch. With switch bypassed the deck should engage without killing the engine. The tractor model does not show switch, as it will be apart of the deck or the grass catcher. For me to identify the switch I would need those model numbers!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes just read it but unable to desk with it today. Also don't think that there is a switch there! Do you mean the grass cutting housing at the back of the tractor? So the orange plastic!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Not sure, can you get the model number of the deck and the catcher assembly, as they are not identified by the tractor model. Most catchers have a switch that won't let mower work with grass catcher off, switch has to be bypassed.