ranwell1
ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of Large Small engine repair business. Over 39 years. Certified both 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines
18770454

My new self propelled lawnmower is to fast it a xsz41o how

Customer Question

my new self propelled lawnmower is to fast it a xsz41o how can i slow it down
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  ranwell1 replied 1 year ago.
THis is not something that is meant to be done.Just about the only way to slow it down is to decrease the engine speed. But that should not be done because you will not get a good cut and it will cause the engine to overheat and go bad too quickly.I suggest that you take the mower back where you got it and see if they will take it back. THat is unless it is not a new mower.You may be in a situation where you may have to take it to a local mower shop and have them look at it to see if any modifications can be made..I wish I had a better answer for you but most of the time when we get a complain it is because the mower will not go fast enough....just the oposite of your situation.