Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have a 4.107 engine in my boat which has done 1169 hours,

Customer Question

I have a 4.107 engine in my boat which has done 1169 hours, at 1165 hours the oil filter and oil was change and it has run perfectly for the last four hours. Today we were going to cruise up the river Fal I checked the oil level which was at the full mark, started the engine with no trouble and was running it at 1200 rpm to warm up, oil pressure was 60 psi as normal. After 15 minutes the engine note changed and it started belching out blue smoke I could not increase the engine revs so I throttled back and the engine stopped, I tried starting it again, it cranked over well and after about ten seconds it fired then died again, any ideas of the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You say you checked fuel at the injectors? Was fuel squirting or just dribbling? If squirting, has the fuel quality been checked> Could fuel be contaminated with gas?