Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Service manager and technician for all brands of engines with 40 + years of experience.
30244710

The Briggs And Statton engine in my garden tractor is model

the Briggs And Statton engine in my garden tractor is model no. 31p777
type no. 0602-E2.........yesterday I filled the gas tank 3/4 full.....this morning I found the tank empty.........the gasoline leaked out of the muffler/ exhaust........what can I do??
Thank you so much!!1
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The carburetor needle valve and float did not seal and let gas enter the exhaust, and maybe in the oil too! To get engine running, remove the spark plug, and spin the engine to clear the cylinder. Then reinstall the spark plug. Also check the oil to see if gas is in the oil. If it is, you will need to change the oil . To fix the carburetor you need to replace the needle valve or get a new carburetor. Or you can install a positive fuel shutoff between the fuel tank and carburetor.